MEET TEAT & COSSET MODEL: CATERINA
It's a wrap! We've just finished shooting our upcoming Fall/Winter collection and it went great thanks to our good friend Caterina, who volunteered to be our "model" mom. She talks to us about her son Filippo's voracious appetite, modeling for Teat & Cosset and balancing being a business owner and mom.
1. Can you tell us a bit about yourself? My name is Caterina and I’m 32. I’m a dietician and I love what I do; what inspired me and helped launch my career was a trip I took to Spain, which is where I first learned about Naturhouse, a company that specializes in nutrition and weight management. I opened my first Naturhouse store in Siena in 2008 and since then I've opened 3 more stores around Tuscany.
Last August I had a baby boy and my life completely changed. I went back to work after only 2.5 months. It was very difficult initially to balance my son, Filippo, and work; my priorities and responsibilities all of a sudden changed. But I’m slowly getting better at managing it all. Breastfeeding hasn’t been easy either because Filippo has been a voracious eater from day 1. For the first 6 months I spent all my free time pumping.
2. What’s your typical day like? I wake up very early, often after a sleepless night because my son still doesn’t sleep through the night, and then during the day I divide my time between work and home. When I'm home I completely dedicate myself to Filippo.
3. And now you’re also a Teat & Cosset model! Have you modeled before? I had done a bridal catalogue in the past but I had never thought that after my pregnancy I would have had another modeling job! The photo shoot was a lot of fun and Silvia and Peggy helped me feel at ease in front of the camera.
4. Which was your favorite piece from Teat & Cosset’s upcoming fall/winter collection? I loved the cashmere Katelyn Turtleneck with the hidden side zippers. Besides it being absolutely gorgeous, I also found it very functional and original; completely different from what you normally find in stores.
5. As a breastfeeding mom, what is missing from your closet that you wish you’d had this past year? I haven’t been able to find nursing dresses for formal events. I recently went to a wedding and found it very difficult to find something I liked that was also breastfeeding friendly.
6. You’re the stylish working mom we’re dedicated to dressing. What advice can you give us? My first piece of advice is to make elegant yet comfortable breastfeeding tops, because after pregnancy it’s important for a mom to feel beautiful again. And comfortable!
I would love to see clothing that makes daily life simpler for a breastfeeding mom, so cute styles that are also functional and easy to wear. Being a mother is challenging so anything to make our life easier is appreciated!
Thanks to Caterina and our photographer Michelle Grant (below left). FYI: Caterina is wearing lipstick cult classic favorite Schiap by NARS.